Stress is something all students experience. With university work, being away from home, making new friends and part-time jobs it’s not surprising! Sometimes this can feel overwhelming and result in feelings of low mood and anxiety. But don’t worry, this is where we are here to help.
We work with the charity Student Minds to run positive minds sessions aimed at helping NTU students cope with the stresses and strains of everyday life. The groups are for anyone who may be feeling stressed, lonely or down to help structure life and boost mental wellbeing!
Here’s an idea of what the workshops will look like:
- In week one we look at reaching out to the people in our lives and building a support network.
- In week two we discuss stress management and how to actively implement strategies to reduce feelings of stress.
- In week three we plan healthy morning routines and effective sleep strategies.
- In week four we look at maintaining a healthy diet and how this aids positive moods.
- In week five we explore how both activity and relaxation can help you stay positive.
- Finally, in week six we investigate how to socialise in a positive way and see how this can improve overall wellbeing.
The sessions are beginning on Thursday 25 October 2018 and run every week from 6.30 pm – 8 pm. To keep up to date like our Facebook page NTUstudentminds. Still unsure? You can email us at email@example.com for more information